I thought I should give an overview of what's going on from where I currently sit. And for the sake of simplicity of mind, I will do it in bullet-proof format.
Here we go:
- D4 was turned in a week ago from last Friday. It was anti-climactic, and I am ready enough to chalk that project up to experience. A good experience, but I wasn't able to complete it 100%. For D1 and D3 we had a whole week off from school before they were due, and I used that entire week to get the projects ready for hand-in, and did so successfully (though I was certainly beat afterwards). For D2 I didn't have that week and didn't get the project 100% completed, and for D4 I also didn't have that week. I am seeing a pattern! Having those consecutive, uninterrupted days really helps me tie everything together. It was a very stressful time leading up to the hand-in date for D4, there was a lot going on and I wasn't feeling well for a couple of weeks. So...it is was it is - or was what it was....que sera, sera.
- Since the D4 hand-in I have been in recovery mode. I think I can say I am recovered, but it did take about a week.
- I visited my D7 site (final project we have to source ourselves) last Thursday. It's located in Shropshire and I loved every minute of it! What a wonderful part of the world and what a wonderful family to design for! It's the most challenging site I have encountered to date. 7 acres at the base of a very, very steep hill. Walking around, there's hardly a time your foot is flat! More info on this to come....
- Friday I was up at 4:30 am (as I was Thursday to catch the early train to Shropshire) to catch a bus, then a train, then a ferry, then a bus, then a train, then a bus. I am here in Holland! Staying in den Haag. I will share my Holland trip with you later in the week.
- I will probably be back in London for Easter, before taking off again. Going to meet two of my sisters in an undisclosed location...you'll find out when I get there!
- So over all - I am feeling pretty much recovered, but if my brain wanders back to anything school related, it shuts right down. Not ready to deal with that yet. My mind needs some R&R in the form of a few long bike rides. Good thing I am in Holland.
Here's some picture I took of Shropshire...climbed to the top of the hill to eat my lunch.