Today I feel a bit suppressed (verge of illness?). It hasn't been a bad day, but it's been a grey day. I guess I could put it that way. This time of year I would normally make my way to Arizona to be in the sun and the desert for several days. Well, that's not happening. :)
I could really use a big dose of it right about now.
So here's some desert and some Luis Barragan (Mexican Architect).
Why I love the desert:
- Dry air
- Negative space/void
- Color of the lichen on the rocks
- Structure of the desert plants
- Other-worldly feeling...almost alien
Why I love the work of Luis Barragan
- Bold colors
- Block colors
- Mass and Void
- Steve Martino (American Landscape Architect) is inspired by his work
- Again, something about it is other-worldly